BAM | Bosnian Mark
- Bosnian Mark was introduced in 1998 in order to reunite the shattered country under the pressure of the UNO supervision. Before the introduction of the Mark, Bosnian Dinar was used in Bosniak areas, Yugoslavian Dinar was used in Serbian territories and Croatian Kuna was used in
- Croatian areas while German Mark was accepted throughout the whole country.
- It is only in Bosnia where you can purchase Bosnian Mark, it is not traded anywhere else in the world.
- In 2009, 1 and 5 Mark banknotes were withdrawn from circulation.
- In 2012, new and higher quality 10, 20, 50 and 100 Mark banknotes were issued, which were made of higher quality paper, and include more security features than their antecedents.
Country uses Bosnian Mark: